Baby Fruit Pacifier for smart moms and healthy babies
KidKit™ Store has been live for less than 8 weeks and in that short time, we have received so much support and encouragement in what we are doing, that we want to show our appreciation! It has been our most popular product.
Baby Fruiter™ is a pacifier excellent in introducing fruit to your little one before they have the teeth to fully chew. The perforated silicone "soother" allows Baby to gnaw and suck out only the juices of whatever food you choose to shove inside. As soon as Baby can hold onto the handle, give them a go at some fresh fruit. It is suitable for infants 3 months up to and comes in 3 sizes (S, M, L) and 3 colors (blue, yellow, pink). Because all of the baby's first meals are mush, this will be fresh and exciting for your growing baby.
Below, you will find a list of fruit that has been a hit in the Pacifier with our Little Guy. We have also included instructions on washing fruits of veggies as well as properly sterilizing the Pacifier before initial use.
It is recommended to wait 3-5 days in between introducing new food to observe for allergies in your child. The opening of the soother is quite small, so we dice the fruit into small cubes before stuffing the silicone nipple full of raw goodness!
Here are the fruits that have proven to be worth of the Fruit Pacifier:
-kiwi & banana
In addition to the fruit, we have also tried raw cucumber and cooked beets to keep the Little One busy as Mama was preparing the rest of dinner. [Photo used from Live Love Fruit]
Most fruits and vegetables are grown with pesticides to ensure bugs stay away. These chemicals stay on your product and can adversely affect your health in the long run. Experts have found that washing with white vinegar and water kills up to 98% of bacteria and goes a long way to remove pesticides. It's cheap and easy to make your own wash mixture, see below!
- Mix 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar (3:1 ) in a spray bottle.
- Spray on fruits and veggies to get rid of pesticide residue.
- Rinse with water after spraying.
Soaking in a Bowl
- Fill a bowl with water and add 1/8 to 1/2 cup of vinegar, depending on the size of your bowl.
- Place your fruits and veggies in the bowl.
- Soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Note: Apple cider vinegar may be used as a substitute for white vinegar.
Care and Sterilization
Before initial use, we recommend washing all parts (pacifier, handle, cover) with soap and water and then sterilizing. See the instructions below on how to do so. Baby Pacifier™ is also dishwasher safe so do not hesitate to add it to your usual dishwashing cycle. Avoid drying racks unless they have also been sterilized, or else your efforts to kill all bacteria will be defeated. Using a dishcloth to dry can result in a higher chance of contamination.
Sterilizing with Boiling Water
- Fill a pot with water; it should be filled enough to fully cover all the pacifier pieces with water.
- Place the pacifier, including the cover case inside, cover with the lid and bring to a boil. Allow boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, and after allowing to cool for a few minutes, remove the pacifier and place it on a clean cloth to allow to cool and air dry.
Sterilizing with Steamer
- Refer to your steamers' specific instructions on how to properly fill with water and use the steamer.
- Place the pacifier and all components in the steamer basket.
- Allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a clean cloth and allow to air dry.
Note: Don't add pacifier to already boiling water, as the temperature shock could warp the material. Also, do not boil or steam for more than 5 minutes, as that is sufficient time for sterilization.